The health of the players, and those around us, remains a top priority for PentaSport Ministries.
With global awareness increasing on the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to share PentaSport Ministries’ protocols and precautionary measures, and address any concerns teams and churches may have leading up to the season.
While the situation remains fluid and risk to Canadians remains low, we WILL proceed with the upcoming season with a new start date of Tuesday, April 14. More details and updates to format, deadlines, costs, and dates, will be relayed to captains. However, the following health measures will be implemented, following guidance outlined by the Government of Canada, and B.C. health leaders.
- The league will refrain from pre-game and post-game handshakes. For players in a celebratory mood, we encourage elbow-bumps or air high-fives — and to limit all unnecessary contact.
- Balls will be cleaned with sanitary wipes before and after games by the League Reps.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available to all players by the League Reps (available in each League Rep bag). We encourage everyone to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, or an alcohol-based sanitizer, upon entering the facilities.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own water bottles, and not to share with teammates.
- If you are sick or feel ill, please be considerate of your fellow teammates and league members, and DO NOT attend games until you have recovered. We will send those with visible illnesses home.
- If you have travelled to or live with anyone who has travelled to anywhere outside of Canada, we ask that you DO NOT attend games for 14 days upon your/their return home.
- We are working closely with all our venues to ensure proper health measures, and to respect their space. All updates in regards to gym spaces and potential cancellations/schedule changes will be provided ASAP to captains.
- Captains, if there are any concerns about meeting roster regulations due to these measures, please reach out to the Captain Coordinators.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Continue praying for all those impacted by the global pandemic, healing for those infected with the virus, and protection of our league, players, and churches.
- If have concerns that you may be infected, we recommend you contact your health care provider or call 8-1-1, and self-isolate until given further direction.
- Continue to remain informed on the situation, based on updates provided by government health officials.
- Please direct any concerns or questions to email@example.com, or ask your captains to reach out to the PentaSport Committee.