Happy Monday everyone!
It’s Monday, beginning of the week, weekend is over…. BUT that means PentaSport is happening the next day! The PentaSport 2019 Fall Season will officially begin tomorrow. The Committee would like to welcome all the old teams back and especially give a warm welcome to a returning team, Gentle Warriors from Tapestry Richmond, and a new team, WE THE NORTH Shore from North Shore Pacific Grace MB Church. Thank you to all the league reps and captains that attended the meeting last week. It was great to see old and new faces! We say this every year, but without your help with league repping, this league would not be able to run, so thank you!
This season we’ll be playing basketball, soccer, handball, volleyball, and dodgeball. Some things to keep in mind during the season:
- Please be sure to check the time and LOCATION of your game. We stress the location part because there are quite a few venues being used and we don’t want you to go to the wrong one.
- Make sure you are wearing the correct colour (white or dark). Incorrect colours worn may result in a lower spirit point!
- Try to arrive 10-15 minutes earlier so that the transition to the next game will be smooth and we can start on time.
- There’s no eating in any of the gyms.
- Captains please submit an online spirit point form after your game for the opposing team(s) by the end of Friday the week of.
- A lot of the sports have new rules or modified rules so make sure you are familiar with the rules for each sport. New/modified rules are all in RED. If you have questions on any of the rules, please let us know.
- League reps are there to help set up and facilitate the games. They are not REFEREES. All games are self-reffed so make sure you know the rules and don’t be shy to call teams out when a rule is broken.
- A player must play at least 3 regular season games to be eligible for playoffs.
- Teams have 2 weeks from the beginning of the season to make any minor changes to their roster.
- Saint Francis Xavier location: Do not park in the parkade. They put the chain up at night and your car may be stuck inside.
- Most important rule: Have fun!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact a committee member or send us an email. We are looking forward to seeing you all on the court tomorrow!